Who are we?
We make transparent solar cells! Our photovoltaic cells are suitable for making low-power devices self-powered, and they work both indoor and outdoor. We are a deep tech startup company that spun off from research at Uppsala University a few years back. It is our conviction that digitalisation and mass deployment of IoT devices will depend upon multiple power sources and that our beautiful and transparent solar cells will meet the need for aesthetically designed solutions. We operate on a global market knowing that success starts with the spirit of the team. And teams are made up of individuals, all thriving under their special conditions, whether it's opportunities for travel, learning, workout or family life. We are a diverse team based in Uppsala, driven by our passion for making sustainable and beautiful power solutions.
What do we expect you to do?
- Deposition of ultra-thin layers from liquid formulations (commercial and own formulations) onto hard and flexible substrates using slot-die, spray deposition or inkjet.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, evaluating, processing & qualifying materials needed for current & next generation of transparent photovoltaic products.
- Geometrical design of the pattern configuration to engineer the film thickness and film quality (roughness and number of pinholes) to assure good device overall performance through ‘smart design’ and selection of a proper printing strategy.
- Deposition of liquid formulations (commercial and own formulations) of transporting and active onto hard and flexible substrates. The work includes optimisation of the deposition procedure and post-treatment techniques.
- Perform materials characterisation, and performance evaluation in collaboration with the research team
- Work in close collaboration with research team, external partners and vendors for material development & drive implementations into the production process
- Determine & optimize process parameters for manufacturing processes of TPV
- Write materials specifications, test procedures
- Develop new production methods
- As the team is relatively small, everyone is expected to help out with other tasks
What you need to know and characteristics that will help you be successful:
- Preferably PhD in Materials Science/Engineering, Chemical engineering, Physics, Chemistry
- Experience in manufacturing of thin layers via coating, spraying or printing
- Ink formulations for deposition
- Experience with characterisation techniques (e.g., UV-vis, DLS, AFM, SEM, etc.)
- Worked in the preparation or characterisation of solar cells
- Nanomaterial synthesis and characterization
- Project management
- Good-organization and multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work both independently and in teams