Who are we?
We make transparent solar cells! Our photovotaic cells are suitable for making low-power devices self-powered, and they work both indoor and outdoor. We are a deep tech startup company that spun off from research at Uppsala University a few years back. It is our conviction that digitalisation and mass deployment of IoT devices will depend upon multiple power sources and that our beautiful and transparent solar cells will meet the need for aesthetically designed solutions. We operate on a global market knowing that success starts with the spirit of the team. And teams are made up of individuals, all thriving under their special conditions, whether it's opportunities for travel, learning, workout or family life. We are a diverse team based in Uppsala, driven by our passion for making sustainable and beautiful power solutions.
What do we expect you to do?
As a Chief Technology Officer at Peafowl Solar Power, you will play a key role in managing the R&D team and setting up new routines in the new demo production facility in Uppsala. You will be instrumental in the work of developing and manufacturing our sustainable, technically unique and beautiful solar cells – the future of light energy harvesting.
You will play an essential role in assuring that we build and run both our R&D team and our new demo production site in a safe, qualitative and highly productive way. In this role, you will interact with various stakeholders, from understanding the solar cell components to developing manufacturing requirements and technical specifications for an efficient production flow.
What will your Responsibilities be?
- Directly manage the R&D team in daily and longer term tasks
- Work intimately with our Cheif Inventor and Co-founder Jacinto Sá, who is also a professor at Uppsala University
- Create and maintain the R&D plan with a 12 month scope with goals and milestones for research and development
- Develop a scalable and deployable manufacturing process based on solution-processing methods
- Identify the necessary equipment and personnel for the demo production facility
- Optimize production to minimize waste, optimise sustainability and lowest possible cost
- Establish routines for Q&A and product testing
- Regular meetings with IP lawyers to ensure complete IP protection and FTO compliance
- Document R&D updates including efforts to comply with UN sustainability goals
What you need to know and characteristics that will help you be successful:
We are looking for someone that has the qualifications, experience and excellent knowledge of
- Masters degree or higher in Science, Mechanical-, Industrial-, Production-, Electrical- or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Preferably 5 years managerial experience with proven skills
- Experience in technology transfer from academic/research to industry
- Experience in solution-based production of solar cells and printed electronics is an advantage
- Project management experience and skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, with excellent time management - we are a start-up
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- You have a can-do attitude