About the Role
Peafowl Plasmonics AB is a deep-tech startup company that manufactures transparent solar cells to provide the next generation of IoT devices. The solar cells are suitable for making energy-efficient units self-sufficient, such as indoor sensors, displays, wearables as well as dynamic windows. Peafowl Solar Cell is the first direct plasmonic solar cell that converts light into electricity using plasmonic nanoparticles.
Now we are looking for a curious R&D Engineer to join our team to contribute to the development of our direct plasmonic solar cells. You will work in a group focusing mainly on thin film fabrication and characterization. You have a solid understanding of materials science and thin film processes. You have hands-on experience in solution processing of materials and devices and their evaluation methods as well as ample experience of applying your analytical abilities when designing experiments and assessing data.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced R&D Engineer with a passion for material engineering and photovoltaics to make a real impact on the development of transparent solar cells! Since we are growing, a more senior role is possible to be considered depending on your merits and qualifications.
In this role you will be in charge of thin film fabrication of various semiconductor layers using thin film processes, especially solution processes such as slot-die coating and inkjet printing. This includes systematic development and optimization of process parameters for various materials used in our solar cell stack as well as characterization of the thin films and their interfaces with the rest of the stack. As most of the work will be focused on solution processes, hands-on experience with precursor ink design is desirable.
In this position, you will work with diverse layers of our solar cells which influences the prototype design and manufacturing to a large extent. Thus, knowledge in photovoltaics and energy harvesting systems is very appealing. It is also of importance that you have a good understanding of material interactions, charge extraction and recombination phenomena in multilayer devices.
You are expected to engage in collaborations with interdisciplinary teams both internal and external to integrate thin films into direct plasmonic solar cell architectures. It is also essential for you to stay updated with the latest advancements in the thin films area and photovoltaics to help your team position itself well in the field.
- M.Sc or Ph.D. with a few years of experience working with Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Electronics or another related field.
- Expertise in thin film solution processes such as slot-die coating and inkjet printing.
- Experience in thin film deposition methods.
- Experience in characterization techniques such as SEM, UV-Vis spectroscopy, XRD and electrochemical characterization techniques.
- Experience in data processing and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proactive and solution-oriented mentality
- Excellent communication in English (oral and written)
- Hands-on experience in precursor ink design and solution chemistry.
- Experience in thin film thickness, roughness and resistance measurements.
- Knowledge of photovoltaic principles.
- Experience in pump-probe measurement techniques.
- Experience of scaling up industrial processes.
- Familiarity with nanoparticles and plasmonics.
For more information regarding this position feel free to contact the recruiting manager.
Sareh Götelid: email@example.com
Send your application no later than July 12, 2023.
About the Company
Peafowl Plasmonics is active in the global market with a strong team spirit and high productivity. We have created a safe, dynamic and diverse work environment. You will be part of a wonderful team with a great passion for making sustainable power solutions. The company has developed a pleasant environment adapted to each person's conditions, regardless of whether it concerns opportunities for travel, learning, training, or family life.