About the Role
Peafowl Plasmonics is a deep-tech startup company making transparent solar cells. This is the first commercial direct plasmonic solar cell that converts light into electricity using plasmonic nanoparticles.
We are looking for an R&D Engineer to join our team. You should have experience from metal nanoparticle synthesis, surface modifications and ink formulations.
You have a solid understanding of materials science, and ample experience of applying your analytical abilities when designing experiments and assessing data. Since we are growing and are keen on recruiting a person with the right personality, a more senior role might be considered if your merits and qualifications justifies it.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced R&D Engineer with a passion for plasmonics to make a real impact on the development of transparent solar cells!
- Synthesize metal plasmonic nanoparticles with precise control over size, shape, and composition.
- Develop and optimize functionalizing of metal nanoparticle surfaces using organic linkers.
- Formulate plasmonic inks incorporating the functionalized metal nanoparticles, ensuring stability and compatibility for subsequent deposition processes.
- Develop and evaluate ink formulations for printing
- Characterize the synthesized nanoparticles and their functionalized surfaces using spectroscopic techniques.
- Evaluate and compare various deposition methods for precise placement of nanoparticles onto semiconductor surfaces.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to integrate plasmonic nanoparticles into direct plasmonic solar cell architectures.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in plasmonic nanomaterials
- M.Sc or PhD with work experience in Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Expertise in the synthesis of metal nanoparticles, preferably plasmonic nanoparticles.
- Proficient within surface functionalization techniques, such as organic linker chemistry.
- Experience in formulating inks or solutions for thin film deposition.
- Familiarity with characterization techniques for nanomaterials such as spectroscopy
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Proactive and solution-oriented mentality
- Excellent communication in English (oral and written)
Hands-on experience with deposition methods such as spin coating, inkjet printing, or other relevant techniques.
Understanding of photovoltaic principles.
About the Company
Peafowl Plasmonics is an innovative technology startup company that manufactures transparent solar cells to provide the next generation of IoT devices. The solar cells are suitable for making energy-efficient units self-sufficient, such as indoor sensors, displays, wearables and dynamic windows. Peafowl Solar Cell is the first direct plasmonic solar cell that converts light into electricity using plasmonic nanoparticles.
Peafowl Plasmonics is active in the global market. With a strong team spirit and high productivity, they have created a safe and dynamic work environment. You will be part of a wonderful team with a great passion for making sustainable power solutions. The company has developed a pleasant environment adapted to each person's conditions, regardless of whether it concerns opportunities for travel, learning, training, or family life.